FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need experience in the audiovisual area?
No, no experience is needed. The study course starts at a foundational level.

Which languages are spoken at ZeLIG?
The teaching languages at ZeLIG are German, Italian and English. Language is a crucial part of ZeLIG’s multicultural approach to teaching.

When should I present my language certificate?
If you are not able to send your certificate by May, 23., your application will be taken in consideration. It will be enough to address your language skills in the form "Minimum Requirements". In case you will be selected for the exams on-site, the certificate must be given to the ZeLIG in Bolzano (July, 8. - 13.).

Do I have less chances to be accepted at ZeLIG if I don’t speak one of the three school languages?
You are not disadvantaged and you can pass the entry exam in one of the three school languages. However, it is important that after having successfully passed the entry exam you are prepared to learn the missing language, attending certified language classes.

I start learning the third language from scratch. Are there any recommendations how best to learn the missing language?
It’s always best to learn a language in the country where it is spoken – by sharing day-to-day life either by living with a family or in a flat share, working in the country, going to the cinema or the theatre and having lots of contact with local people. Full immersion is the best way to learn a language. An intensive language course must yet be attended at the same time.

How long should the language course take place?
We know from experience that a one-month intensive language course is the minimum to attain level A2. We recommend though a longer language course, making good use of the months between enrolment and before the ZeLIG courses start to acquire more thorough language skills and to get immersed in the country.

Do you recommend any language schools?
After successfully passing the entry exam, ZeLIG organises a meeting on language learning and schools will be pointed out. We also recommend own research for language schools.

Does ZeLIG cover the costs of language learning?
No, ZeLIG cannot cover any such costs.

Which language skills should I achieve?

At time of application
Language 1 B2
Language 2 B2
Language 3 A0

At beginning of study course
Language 1 B2
Language 2 B2
Language 3 A2

After the first year at ZeLIG
Language 1 B2
Language 2 B2
Language 3 B2

How can I prove my language competencies?
* You show language certificates;
* You are a native speaker in one or two of the three languages;
* German, Italian or English were the teaching language at your school;
* You have acquired a BA or MA at a university where the teaching language was German, Italian or English;
* Other
Your language skills will be verified during the entry exam.

What are full-time studies?
The training at ZeLIG lasts three years and is a full-time course. Classes usually start at 9:30 am and finish by 5:30 pm.
However, occasionally there will be evening courses, film screenings and shootings after hours, there may be weekend classes, night shootings and shootings abroad. ZeLIG’s entire infrastructure is available in the evenings and on weekends for individual practise. The studies are time-consuming.

What do the study fees cover?
The annual tuition fee is 1.000€. This includes use of ZeLIG’s entire infrastructure, all the devices, computers, internet access, the making of practise and diploma films. The infrastructure is available to the students after hours for individual practise.

Can I apply for a study grant?
Every year, the Autonomous Province of Bolzano offers study grants. For further information please contact Autonome Provinz Bozen, Amt für Schulfürsorge, Studienbeihilfen (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - T: +39 0471 412924).

Who can apply for a study course at ZeLIG?
Anybody fulfilling the minimum requirements can apply to ZeLIG. The recommended age is 20 to 30 years.

Where can I live in Bolzano?
The students have to find their own accommodation. ZeLIG can help with some advice.

If an urgent question has not been answered, please send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.